Sep 5, 2007

In Case, No Case . . . ! !

“Hello Sir! Excuse Me Sir! (extending his hand) Hello Sir, I work for Qrst bank, and we have some really good schemes for people like you.” (a little pause, not long enough for me to say anything though) “We have this scheme for Credit Cards. Sir do u have any credit cards?” a little head movement, which even I am not very sure whether it was for yes I do or no, I do not. But never mind he figured that out by himself. Continues. “OK sir. Our bank gives you credit card for free sir. And you do not have pay anything extra also sir. And for the yearly fees of three thoujand rupejj you will also get an free health insurance of rupejj two lakh for free sir. It covers your complete cost of medical, health and accident sir. You can also nominate someone for the policy sir in case you die in an road accident.” Sharing a leaflet, he continues, “Sir. You can go through all this what is written here now sir and if you think you are interested in this, then I will get the more details for you and we can complete the formalities. And sir, we take only 24 to 36 hours of processing time sir. We verify your past banking record to check whether you do not have any bad records. And once it is all done sir, you can use your new credit card for free sir.” Looking at me intently, anticipating some reply, it did not matter whether it would be a yes or a no, just any answer, he did not want to waste his time on single person. After all the queue outside the ATM counter was not that long today and unfortunately for this person, there is no problem with the ATM machine either which would hold the queue for longer.

Seeing a blank look on my face, I guess he got the answer. Very decently and politely he took the leaflet from me and put it back in his file.

Regaining his self confidence all over again, he approached the last person in the queue. And everything started all over again.

3 comments:

Winged Fantasy said...

Whether the sales guy made a case or not... you have definitely made a case with me... ;-)
The piece works for me... Its well written, with the right accent and linguo of the salesguy. To get that feel and that essence of a typical salesguy mentality is not easy and you have created it well. :-) Loved it. :-)

silentmind said...

Thank you madam! am obliged u liked the piece madam. I also write other pieces, but my speciality is in the comedy madam. did it make U smile or laugh madam! Madam, if yes, then am very happy! if not, then I will try to improve madam.
:)

Winged Fantasy said...

hahahahhahha... The Salesguy avtaar reappears! :-)
And yeah it did make me smile... and parts of it made me laugh out loud. But nevertheless, beneath the comedy was a deeper satire I think on the entire profession. :-)